Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Recent Thoughts

I went grocery shopping today, and I'm pretty proud of the fact that I saved $130.00 on $203.00 worth of purchases.   This is not the first time shopping since Lisa's death, but the first time that I used coupons!   Always before, I thought that the coupons were going to be too much trouble to keep track of and that it just wasn't going to be worth the hassle.   Live and learn...    The thing that got me to use coupons was a booklet that Kroger sent out that had a bunch of coupons that I thought I could use, also they sent an envelope full of coupons that I knew I would definitely use.   The envelope was obviously custom printed for my recent shopping habits.   Thanks Kroger, great idea, it worked for me!


The kids had a three day week last week, due to snow, and this week they've had Monday and Tuesday off too.   I'm not sure if they'll go back to school tomorrow because of the snow again, but I'm hoping that they will!   I have enjoyed the time that we've had together, but, well... I'm sure you stay at home moms and dads know what I'm thinking.   I have things on my To Do list that aren't getting done and I'd like some time to do them; without kids.

We still mention Lisa daily and the kids seem to be very much the same as they've been since...   They seem mostly unaffected even through Thanksgiving, Christmas and Lisa's Birthday without her.  Jayson's birthday is coming up on March the 3rd and I'm anxious to see how that goes too.   I'm constantly wondering if they are going through what they need in their individual grief process because there has been no real obvious or significant sign that they've been affected by this huge change in their lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment