Saturday, January 30, 2010

Snippets from Terri

Hello Jay--

I hope you and the kids are doing ok. I'm sure it's still hard on everyone without Lisa physically here with us although I know she's still "here"--just in a different way. I thought of Lisa and you guys this week on her birthday...I hope that went ok. I thought that might be an especially hard day for everyone.

Anyway...I've been reading your blog and thanks for giving me the link for it. You asked about thoughts of Lisa and here are mine...just random thoughts/snippets:

1. Lisa was always so tall (even in high school) and so it was especially funny that her and Jenny were good friends because of their height difference! We used to tease them about it (and they took the teasing well...they were both good about it!) and used to say that Jenny should have had the last name "Small" and not Lisa!

2. I remember when Lisa met you and how happy she was. I also remember how fun it was for everyone to go out as couples (pre-kids!) and you guys were always such a great couple. You really seemed to have a good connection.

3. Lisa was always so good with kids...I remember being at Jenny's for Colin's b.day party one year and Jenny's friend Shari brought her new baby. Everyone was oohing and aaahing over the baby, but Lisa was the one who grabbed her up and wanted to hold her and I think she ended up holding her most of the day! (well, until her own kids started getting jealous, actually! :) ). And I was so impressed with how "easy" Lisa was with the baby and also how the baby didn't fuss at all with Lisa holding her even though Lisa was a stranger to her.

4. Finally...Lisa was so wonderful to me when I was trying to get pregnant and when I had trouble at the end of my pregnancy. Lisa referred me to her fertility doctor and talked me through everything and even offered to go with me whenever I had a doctor's appointment. Here is what I loved about Lisa...some people make offers like that just to be polite but don't really mean it but with Lisa, I knew if I had ever called her and asked for her help (which I did a few times), she was always right there.  Right before Beth was born, I found out I would need a C-section because she was breech and I freaked out. I called Lisa one night (slightly hysterical!) and Lisa literally talked me through every step of what would happen. I can't tell you how much that meant to me...when I went into the hospital the morning I had Beth, I was so much calmer because I knew what was going to happen. If Lisa hadn't talked to me about all that, I would have been a basket case. Then after I had Beth, Lisa was one of the first people to come by with a casserole and I thought that was very thoughtful. But most of all, she also gave me advice. I called her quite a bit those first few months and she always had great advice to give me but even better, she always calmed me down and let me know everything would be great.

I miss Lisa...she was such a special person to me (as you can imagine after reading the above!). You and your kids are special too and I hope you're doing ok.

Love,
Terri

No comments:

Post a Comment